The Legal Bit
Last updated: 1st March 2021
Lightyear Terms of Service
- Australia, New Zealand – Lightyear Cloud Australia Pty Ltd, Suite 212, 22-36 Mountain Street, Ultimo, NSW, 2007, Australia (ABN 68622231903)
- UK and Rest of the World (ROW) – Lightyear Cloud UK LTD, Unit 2, Concourse 2, Catalyst, Queens Road, Belfast BT3 9DT, United Kingdom (NI648587)
24. You can choose to stop using the Service at any time, either by Suspension or Termination.
- For customers in Australia, New Zealand - New South Wales Law, in the Commonwealth of Australia
- For customers in United Kingdom & all other jurisdictions - Northern Ireland Law
Lightyear Privacy & Security Policy
- Personal (Ordinary) information - refers to information that relates to an identifiable person or data that can possess identifiers and therefore identify a specific person.
- Doc-data - refers to the Docs, any data extracted from them, any notes added to them, and the emails in which they were sent into Lightyear
80. At any stage, you may request a download of the docs that Lightyear stores on your behalf, and that it has received as part of providing the Service to you. We may retain your information as necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Transferring your docs to you does not release you from any obligation to pay us for Services that we have provided for you.
- If a doc has remained in a Processing, Approvals, Review, Signed Off, Disputed or Inventory tab for 180 days without having been moved to or from another tab, the doc-data relating to the doc will be deleted, but if the doc-data has been exported to either your accounting software or your inventory system, the doc-data will not be deleted.
- If you sign up for a Lightyear account, and the account is not set to be a child of a parent, Lightyear may delete the account and all of the doc-data after 180 days after your free-trial period expires unless you have bought a monthly or a bulk-buy plan during those 180 days. In addition, Lightyear may also delete the Lightyear account without any further warning.
- In addition, any doc-data that has been in your trash for 30 days may be deleted from your trash.
83. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. We use firewalls to help prevent access to information in our system.
84. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. These steps include allowing you to update your information in the Admin section of the site. Please note you are responsible for updating your own personal information by using this section of the site.
86. The following are the contact details for our privacy officer. Address: The Lightyear Corporation, Unit 2, Concourse 2, Catalyst, Queens Road, Belfast BT3 9DT, United Kingdom Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
87. The Service is designed for businesses, or individuals old enough to trade as though they were a business. We do not knowingly collect information from children. Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to use this site unless you are employed by an entity that uses this site and are using this site under the supervision of an adult employed by that entity. If you are using this site, you warrant that you are either 18 years or older or are employed by an entity that uses this site and supervised by an adult employed by that entity. If you are under 18 years old, we ask that you stop using the site now unless you satisfy the criteria in this clause.
91. We always value feedback, but be aware that any feedback, comments or suggestions you send to us or post in our forums (either on the site or external to it) may be used by us without any obligation to you.
Lightyear Acceptable Use Policy
Lightyear Pricing & Payment Policy
- The number of bills you export or manually archive, and
- The number of statements that you send to the Statement archive, either manually or via the automatic Statement reconciliation feature
- The number of Purchase Orders that you create.
a) Choose to continue exporting, and Lightyear will bill you an additional charge (Previous Month Overs – PMO) at the start of your next MBC for the number of extra bills you exported in this MBC, or
b) Upgrade to a larger monthly recurring plan, or
c) Wait until your next MBC kicks in before exporting
- Terminate the Agreement and your use of the Service and the Website
- Suspend your use of the Service and the Website for any definite or indefinite period of time
- Suspend or terminate access to all of or any doc-data that is stored for you by the Service.
- Charge interest on debt until such times as the debt (including interest) is paid in full
Lightyear GDPR Policy
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. GDPR regulation took effect on 25 May 2018.
Lightyear complies with all requirements under the GDPR regulations including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring personal data is used for authorised purposes and accessed only by authorised persons where applicable.
- Clear and transparent terms and conditions and opt-in’s for use of data and the ability to opt-out at any time.
- Access to view and edit your data and providing the right to be forgotten on Lightyear systems.
- Ensuring adequate due diligence is performed on any and all third party companies GDPR compliance, with which Lightyear engages to host or process any data.
- Storing and handling data within a GDPR approved jurisdiction. Like many leading Software as a Service companies we engage a third party hosting provider (Amazon Web Services) and chose to house our data in a GDPR compliant region.
- GDPR Data Breach Response policies in place.
- Data Processing Addendum - You automatically accept our DPA as part of our overall terms of Service
- Designated internal Security Officer.
You will be prompted to accept or decline our cookie notice when you first visit our website. You can also opt out of our cookie tracking at any stage via your web browser settings area.