We’re approaching the end of another year and decade, but most importantly we’re approaching the end of another exciting quarter for Lightyear. We thought this would be a great time to give you a quick reminder of some of the fantastic updates we’ve released over the past few months (hopefully you haven’t missed them) and a sneak peak into the near future.
Technically we released this in Q3, but we're so pleased with it that we'd like to show you again. We released a new 'Dashboard' feature in September that gives our users a a great visual representation of their companies and workflow. This allows for an immediate overview of any work that needs attention.
Mobile App Updates
This quarter saw the release of some huge updates to our mobile app. We added a new Tasks section, allowing users to approve bill tasks on the go. We have also released a mobile approvals tab, so our users can approve and dispute bills from their mobile. Since the release of our mobile app in May, these were our most requested features, and at Lightyear we listen to our users. Don’t have the mobile app yet? Download it here and get started today!
Other updates and improvements
- Data extraction enhancements
- Bill/credit note date is now optional - We have removed the requirement for a bill date on our data extraction engine, meaning we can now pull out the rest of the Document data and the user can enter the bill date manually in approvals if there is no bill date available on the document.
- Users of cloud software partners (Xero, QBO, MYOB, Netsuite) can now export a list of their GL codes from Accountancy software settings.
- In App product update notifications now pop up on screen so you'll never miss a key product update.
- Any time a new supplier is created, Lightyear will now automatically populate the bill fields 'Supplier name' and 'ABN' from the Extracted data. Users can still edit the supplier name if they wish to have a more personalised supplier name.
- Users can now select their existing companies to transfer bills from within 'Bill transfer'.
With all of the exciting updates we've released, and the ones we have scheduled, the Lightyear experience is continuing to improve for our users. If you're enjoying the benefits of using our software please recommend it to a friend. As the Lightyear family grows, our service will only get better. We have recently added a new 'Refer-a-friend' option to the top ribbon with incentives for successful referrals. Find out more about that here.